Seesaw Privacy Principles
An essential part of our mission is providing a service that keeps students safe, and puts teachers and parents in control of how student information is shared. We've adopted the following Privacy Principles to summarize our privacy commitments to you.
- We don’t own the content you provide – students and their schools do.
- Student work is private to the classroom by default. Teachers control what is shared and with whom.
- We will never advertise to students, create student profiles or sell any user data.
- We use security industry best practices and routinely monitor our systems to protect you.
- We are transparent about our practices and will notify you if things change.
- We are COPPA and FERPA compliant.
Anything you add to Seesaw is yours. If you’d ever like to save it elsewhere or use a different product, you can download what you’ve added to Seesaw to your computer or mobile device.
We don’t own the content you provide – students and their schools do.
Unless you choose to share, no student work is visible outside of the classroom. Teachers can choose to invite family members to see the work their child has added to Seesaw or post some items more publicly (such as to a Seesaw blog).
Student work is private to the classroom by default.
Our business model is straightforward: we charge for optional, additional features on top of our free product. We will never sell or rent profiles of Seesaw users for any reason, and will never advertise to students.
We will never advertise to students, create profiles, or sell any user data.
This means doing things like providing secure communication with our servers at all times and running routine security checks to make sure your information is secure. Read more about how we protect your privacy and security.
We use security industry best practices and routinely monitor our systems to protect your information.
We are transparent about our practices, and will notify you if things change.
These two laws in the United States govern the collection of information about students at school and people under 13. Seesaw is fully compliant with these important laws so it’s safe to use Seesaw in the classroom.